The first in our series of four Game Development Workshops, Intro To Programming, will help get you started coding games in Unity.
Programming can be tough. In this three hour workshop, Dylan will walk you through the fundamentals of programming in C# within the Unity game development engine in an accessible and practical way. You will leave feeling confident creating scripts to enable interaction, control animations and set up Game Objects with art and animations. This workshop is appropriate for complete beginners, animators who want to be able more independent in their workflows, experienced developers looking to try their hand at games or experienced game developers looking to glean Dylan’s Game Jam and prototyping secrets.
When: March 10th | 2pm - 5pm
Where: Media Lab (245 McDermot Ave, Fourth Floor)
- Understand the basics of coding C# scripts in Unity
- Understand how to interact with common Unity components from your scripts
- Be able to take input from a keyboard and make your creation move and respond
- Know how to trigger Animations and UI from a script
- Be exposed to best practices for debugging, estimation and managing your project
Dylan Fries is a freelance game developer, entrepreneur, computer programmer, and artist. He is the founder of Peg Jam and has run over a dozen game jams in Winnipeg in association with New Media Manitoba. He also runs the Winnipeg Game Collective with Daniel Voth and has spoken on dozens of topics related to game development and entrepreneurship. His interests include simulating ecosystems, artificial intelligence, spending time outdoors and digital painting.